Aims and Scope
INDEX JOURNAL is an independent peer-reviewed art history publication based in Naarm, Australia. The journal presents original scholarship by art historians from all specialisations, treating the art of the past with the same urgency as it does the art of the present. For each issue, INDEX JOURNAL invites a guest editor to raise a polemic that calls for pressing art-historical attention. ☞ ISSN 2652-4740
We aim to provide an international forum for the publication of original academic research in all areas and periods of art history. We publish the work of established and emerging researchers working within the fields of art history, architectural history, curatorship, politics and aesthetics, visual culture, philosophy, historiography and museum studies.
The journal is published biannually. Information about the submission process and guidelines is available at “Information for Authors.” If you have any further questions, please contact the Editors at email@example.com
To propose a themed issue and apply to be a Guest Editor, please email a brief overview of the theme (approx. 200 words) and a brief biographical statement (approx. 200 words) to the Editors at firstname.lastname@example.org.
INDEX JOURNAL is guided by an Advisory Board of leading researchers from a variety of relevant disciplines. The opinions expressed in articles published by INDEX JOURNAL are not necessarily endorsed by the Advisory Board.
- Amelia Winata (University of Melbourne)
- Cameron Hurst (University of Melbourne)
- Chelsea Hopper (Monash University)
- Giles Fielke (Monash University)
- Helen Hughes (Monash University)
- Hilary Thurlow (Monash University)
- Paris Lettau
- Advisory Board
- Amelia Barikin (University of Queensland)
- Alison Inglis (University of Melbourne)
- Anne Dunlop (University of Melbourne)
- Anthony Gardner (University of Oxford)
- Anthony White (University of Melbourne)
- Claire Roberts (University of Melbourne)
- Greg Lehman (University of Tasmania)
- Ian McLean (University of Melbourne)
- Jarrod Rawlins (Museum of New and Old Art)
- Jaynie Anderson (University of Melbourne)
- Julie Gough
- Katrina Grant (Australian National University)
- Mark Erdmann (University of Melbourne)
- Rex Butler (Monash University)
- Ryan Johnston (University of Melbourne)
The editors acknowledge the Traditional Custodians of the unceded land and waters on which we work. We offer our respects to Elders of the Kulin Nation, and Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander First Nations Elders, past and present.